[thelist] Form to Excel question

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Jul 22 14:52:18 CDT 2003

[snip]
This may be a simple, silly question, but it's the first time I've
really
had to work something like this out.
In setting up a site for a friend she would like some registration-type
forms set up for different events she runs. She doesn't want the info
simply emailed to her (in either plain text or HTML). She would prefer
the
info come to her in an Excel document.

I can work my way around setting up a form in php to empty into a mySQL
database, but then am not sure the easiest way for her to grab the data.
She works for a non-profit who does not own Access.
[/snip]

A tab delimited file will open in Excel just dandy when grabbng the data
from a DB. Excel does understand some HTML formatting as well. There are
PHP classes out there for creating binary files for Excel,