[thelist] ASP: Can't figure out error

Julian Voelcker asp at tvw.net
Wed Jul 23 11:47:17 CDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:43:37 -0500, Casey Crookston wrote:
> /boser/includes/connection.asp, line 16

Did you download any code at the same time - could you have your
connection strings muddled up?

Also:
Can you open the database up OK in Access?
Have you tried compacting the database?
Are the permissions set correctly so that the application can access
the database (the IUSER<machinename> will need read and write
permissions in the folder).
I know it is a long shot, but have you tried re-starting your machine -
I have come across some odd connection timeout problems with access
that disappear on reboot for a while and then they come back - if this
is the case you need to update your version of the MDAC drivers.

HTH

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom