[thelist] Wierd behavior of DIV onmouseout

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:11:35 CDT 2003

>Please refer to www.zunch.com/jltla for an example of the problem.
>
>The onmouseout is supposed to hide a div on the navigation of the page.  It
>does when you mouseout VERTICALLY, i.e., move your mouse down the screen
>out
>of the secondary navigation area.
>
>But it does NOT when moused out horizontally, or moving the mouse to the
>right of the secondary navigation area.

I think the divs stretch all the way towards the right of the screen. They
do so automatically when you don't give them a CSS width, and I didn't find
any.

So the mouse never mouses out of the div when it goes to the right. As to
the left, it immediately encounters the links and their mouseover works fine
and cancels the mouseout of the secondary divs.

Give everything a CSS border to see what you're doing and try again.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Browser Wars II: The Saga Continues
http://evolt.org/article/rdf/25/60181/