[thelist] ASP: Can't figure out error

Julian Voelcker asp at tvw.net
Wed Jul 23 19:00:04 CDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:11:56 -0500, Casey Crookston wrote:
> ?? What would be the purpose of this?  But no, I have not.

It can fix some odd errors and it also compacts the database reducing
it's size, often with some staggering results (access dbs do have a
habit of bloating).

> > Are the permissions set correctly so that the application can access
> > the database (the IUSER<machinename> will need read and write
> > permissions in the folder).
>
> How do I check that?

Right mouse click on the folder, select properties and then select
security (it should be there depending on your setup).

Good luck.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom