[thelist] The Spam Argument [long] (was: Hiveware email address encoder)

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 25 10:01:15 CDT 2003

frank...

a guy at school sells your kid drugs...

do you arrest the kid...

or do you listen when the kid says ..hey..the guy in mexico got me the
drugs..he's the one responsible....

you nail your friend.... if she wants out of the charge...she gives up the
guy who asked her to do it.. at best.. he's charged with trying to get
someone to commit a crime...

this of course assumes that spamming was illegal..and not just damm rude!!!

another note... can't really decide if some of the people who spam really
know what they're doing... i mean you've got to have a whole lot of people
who have tuned out the penis enlargement cream!!.. i'd like to know if
they've ever sold any of it.. i can see the occasional person buying the
norton security software....

peace!