[thelist] Hiveware email address encoder

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jul 25 21:51:34 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 7:23 PM

> Then when the user clicked that link, they would be taken to another
> page that would do some magic** and then redirect back to the same page
> the user came from.

Chris,

I don't like your idea, but you just gave me an epiphony (these are usually
good, so hang on):

page 1: contains a FORM with an image link submit that says "contact us"
that submits to page 2 along with some sort of hidden field... we _assume_
for now that spambots don't submit forms, right?

page 2:
    a.  check that the form is coming off a post... redirect away if not
    b.  check for some hidden field in the form... redirect away if not
correct.
    c.  give them a regular, plain jane, mailto link, and maybe even a form,
if you desire.

Does this meet all the requirements??

1.  It won't be indexed by Search Engines
2.  Spam bots won't find it.
3.  Doesn't rely on JavaScript
4.  Still accessible to _everybody_.

Joshua Olson