[thelist] rentacoder.com

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 15:20:04 CDT 2003

Tom.. (and others)...

I agree with what you've been saying... And I also agree that it's getting
harder... I've been doing software for 20 years....

But.. as I stated, the quality/price is acceptable for smaller issues... And
as the guys doing the work get more comfortable with what the customer
wants... a couple of things will happen... the guys doing the work will
start to move up the chain... and they might raise their prices..or they
might convince the customer that based upon their previous work.. they can
do the more complex higher valued apps...

Here again.. I tend to agree with your earlier post... that really sensitive
apps will stay close to home.. but more will move away... I'm not sure as to
where the aquilibrium will be when it's all said and done...

Also, don't worry about the length of the posts... A well thought out,
reasonably articulated post is going to take some time!!!!!

peace

bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net

ps. also, keep in mind that the guys you work with who are good.. are
soaking up knowledge.. that if they return to their native land, and work
for someone there, will be passed on to there peers, further hastening the
rise in their quality of work/process..... !!!