[thelist] mySQL DATE_FORMAT question

Tanner Burson tanner at younet.okstate.edu
Tue Jul 29 11:54:29 CDT 2003

Without knowing the format returned by DATE_FORMAT I would guess that
this should work:

SELECT
  articleTitle,
  articleID,
  articleBlurb,
    DATE_FORMAT('dateCreated', '%b %D %Y')
FROM
  article
ORDER BY dateCreated DESC
LIMIT 3

I personally would just use timestamps then do the conversion to string
dates in whatever language you're using.