[thelist] OT: Rasterizing jpg Image

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Tue Jul 29 17:28:39 CDT 2003

Steve Abaffy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> 	Another off topic question, but how does one go about rasterizing a jpg? I
> to send a logo off to the printer and he wants to charge me $15.00 to
> rasterize the image, and if I can do this myself with photoshop or some
> other tool I could save the money.

As far as I understood things a jpg was a raster image. Do you mean rip
the image, this is the process of taking the image and translating into
something a digital printer can understand. (I believe it trasforms the
image into postscript 2 or 3).

The only thing I can think of is to save the jpg as a tiff and send him
that file. What program was the logo created in and how is it going to
be printed - digital print, 2 colour separation, etc?

--
Chris Johnston

chris at fuzzylizard.com
www.fuzzylizard.com