[thelist] boot drive order woes

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Tue Jul 29 18:54:45 CDT 2003

I have an old box at home I want to put a redhat install on (currently
win 98). Trouble is, it won't boot from a cd or floppy. I have gone into
setup during the win 98 boot process and checked that the a and d drives
are checked during the bopot process, and they are - the current order
is floppy, cd-rom, hard drive.
When I try to boot off a cd it is ignored.
When I try to boot off a floppy the boot process gets stuck at
"verifying DMI pool data" and sits there doing nothing

Is there any fix for this?
Some kind of internet install is kind of out of the question (but may be
a last resort), as we are back on dialup at home :(

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com
Phone: 64 4 237 4557