[thelist] CF: Regex CRLF in Studio?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Jul 29 22:13:35 CDT 2003

At 06:51 PM 2003-07-29 -0600, you wrote:
> >          Search for: (\r[\t ]+\r)
> >          Replace with "\r\r"
>
>Not sure if it'll work, but you could try \n.

Thanks, but that wasn't quite it. The point that I'm making is that
ColdFusion Studio (5) 's extended search function (the one that's meant to
handle regex) doesn't seem to accept standard notation for escaping special
characters. What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a specific
notation that represents special characters such as tabs, carriage returns,
line feeds and so on.

Documentation says use #chr(10)##chr(13)# for line breaks, or #chr(9)# for
tabs. Thought this is applicable for CFServer, it doesn't seem to apply in
the find.

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.