[thelist] [ColdFusion] [CFCs] Query-mangling by persistent CF Cs

Buffington, Michael michael.buffington at office.xerox.com
Wed Jul 30 03:37:54 CDT 2003

I'm not sure I really understand what's going on here, but here are some basic questions to get out of the way first:

1. When you're putting the object into the application scope, are you using an exclusive lock (using the CFLOCK tag)?
2. Can we see some code?
3. Can you repeat the problem in isolation (separate from the entire app you're working on)?

Reading the extended article on the actual problem doesn't really answer any of the above.

[snip]
Basically, it seems that when I have a CFC in the Application
scope, and it runs a query, the query inputs mangled data into the
database. On a closer inspection, it seems that my Application-scope object
is losing "output=no" on all of its <cffunction>s.
[/snip]