[thelist] Favourite email clients anyone?

Anthony Baker lists at thinkbigideas.com
Wed Jul 30 11:16:11 CDT 2003

| The main features that are keeping me hooked in Outlook
| though, are the
| Calendar and Task features. Does anyone know if Thunderbird
| plans to support
| these in the future or some other client I should look into?
|
| Thanks,
| ted

Nice point. I use Outlook as well, for the same reason. Insofar
as form factor and feature set, it really can't be beat. I've
tried the current release of Thunderbird, but it doesn't have
any of these items yet.

That said, I'm hoping that they will add something like this.
I'd been an IE user for years and recently switched over to
Firebird. Why? Because they beat IE at their own game. Killer
features, speed, and it can be customized.

Also, another hope is Mitch Kapor and his open-source Outlook
project. Forget the name offhand, but the intention is to
create an app that will have all of the standard calendar, task,
and email features.

/Anthony