[thelist] Developer/Partnership Agreements....

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 09:50:54 CDT 2003

Hi.

We're in the process of formulating a startup, which is going to require
that we work/hire/contract/partner with various developers for the projects
that will be developed.

Does anyoone have any pointers regarding the formation of
Partnership/Contract Agreeements that can be used to spell out the
relationship between us and the Developer. Essentially, we will be the party
which would set the direction, describe/define the initial project. The
developer would then be responsible for implementing/creating the underlying
software to meet the goal. The developer would either be performing the
development function independently, or as a team of multiple developers.

Rather than a traditional Independent Developer's Contract, we are looking
to more or less develop some form of Partnership Contract for the Developer.
This is primarily due to us wanting to establish a working realtionship with
a team of developers. As such, we would like any sort of agreement to
reflect that this is a partnership for the given project.....

We would like to review actual sample docs, as we may then cut/paste/get a
feel as to what's readily available. This apporach provides us with a way to
quickly create something useful, prior to talking with a lawyer. Any
ideas/opinions/comments/crticisms/pointers would be helpful.

Thanks for your help with this matter....

Regards,

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas at earthlink.net
(925) 866-2790