[thelist] would-be linux desktop user

AJ McKee aj.mckee at nmtbmedia.com
Thu Jul 31 19:50:05 CDT 2003

Pete,

A few tools I use on my laptop for developing on for windows.

For editing, I use eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org) it comes with some
nice plugins including a php plugin and I think someone has an asp
plugin somewhere.

Aqua Studio (http://www.aquafold.com/) is a nice SQL server management
tool. Works really well. However you may still have a bit of a problem
with MS SQL server, but hey I'll just try and convince you to use
sybase, postgres, oracle or mysql anything but MS :)

On the other had, thats probably not an option, so when all else fails,
use rdesktop (http://www.rdesktop.org) and you can access your windows
SQL server from your brand new LINUX desktop.

If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me off list.
Always willing to show the alternatives.

Cheers
AJ