[thelist] Dealing with clients and design issues (was Re: Should yougo against your Client?)

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Thu Jul 31 15:12:08 CDT 2003

[Janet Green wrote (JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com) on 7/31/03 2:16 PM]

> Well maybe that's more than .02 worth, but boy, that attitude really irks me!

just to put my 2cents into the debate, I have a client now who is in a
terrible rush to get any kind of new website up (its a redesign), has asked
for a lot of new functionality and yet has zero understanding of what a web
site and CMS consist of or require.

when i have queried the client on what they wanted, they have always come
back with conflicting and vague answer even when i have taken notes and
summarized what i thought they meant to say and they signed off on it.

Now we are in the design stage and they have taken something decent and
turned it into a horrible and inconsistent wreck in terms of looks and
usability. This is what I got from being honest with the client and asking
them for feedback.

So i guess there are all types out there, including the ones that will take
your good work and wreck it - and then surely blame you for the wreck
later!!

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738