[thelist] documentation software.....

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 07:40:08 CDT 2003

Hey...

A quick question.... I'm trying to find out if anyone has any idea/knowledge
of software used to create online documentation. More specifically, I'd like
to be able to have a doc on my site, (much like what www.php.net has for
it's documentation,) that would allow users to add comments about a given
section.

Here's what I'm thinking about. I'm considering an online development
environment. The developers start to produce online
docs/specs/whatever/etc... I'd like others to be able to make comments about
the docs through the process, such that the comments are "attached" to the
overall section/doc.

What approaches have you guys/ladies seen/used for this kind of issue. I've
seen same basic stuff for wiki apps, but not sure if that would work for the
doc sections.

Comments/criticisms/opinions/etc... appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas at earthlink.net