[thelist] Uninstalling Internet Explorer

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 04:38:32 CDT 2003

>I'm running IE5.5.
>
>Due to various system/hardware problems, some of its
>files seem to have become corrupted. In any case, it
>makes a lot of trouble every time I run it.
>
>Re-installing the program over itself has not helped.
>Apparently setup sees files in place and doesn't know
>their corrupted or damaged. Therefore it just installs
>what it thinks is necessary. The problems remain.
>
>I wanted to uninstall it and re-install 5.5 from
>scratch, or install 6. BUT I can't seem to get rid of
>the current installation. Add/Remove programs does not
>have an uninstall option (just add component, repair,
>or restore previous configuration).
>
>I've searched all over the place for an uninstall
>file, but can't find one anywhere. If there is one, it
>seems to be well hidden.
>
>Anybody know how I can get the thing off my disk so I
>can try a clean installation?

Program called IERadicator. Worked fine for me.
http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator Unfortunately it won't work on Win2000SP2
or WinXP.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Browser Wars II: The Saga Continues
http://evolt.org/article/rdf/25/60181/