[thelist] [MySQL] - converting timetsamp values in php

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Sun Aug 3 19:23:29 CDT 2003

I have decided (from Rudy's suggestions) to start letting the database
deal with timestamping, rather than setting the value using the
strtotime() function.
I now have a field in one of my tables which logs the created time as
TIMESTAMP value (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS).
My questions:
- is there a built in function (PHP) to output this time as more human
readable (DD MM YYYY, HH:MM)?
I have searched the manual but to no avail. I can roll my own, but would
rather not if something is available.

I am also aware of the fact that the database itself can switch formats
as it pulls out records - are there any caveats to this method? would it
be the preferred method?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com