[thelist] Apache: Batch file with input?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Mon Aug 4 11:39:21 CDT 2003

I haven't done this in years, and it's from memory, so bear with me...

You can pass variables to a DOS batch file when running it from a
command line (not double-clicking an icon).

In the command line type the batchfile name followed by a space, then
the variable.  For example:

c:\login.bat mypassword

Within the batch file, you reference this variable using (and this is
where memory gets fuzzy...) %1 I think.  Also, multiple variables can
be passed using %1 %2 etc.

c:\login.bat mypassword myname

Also note that you should be able to call one batch file from another
one, passing variables all the way....

Good luck
Steve