[thelist] ASP - Variables & Security

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Aug 4 21:46:40 CDT 2003

Good programming practise involves not DIMming any variables you don't
need...

:-)

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt French" <Matt.French at DogStarDesign.co.uk>
To: <burgan at iprimus.com.au>; <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 6:34 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] ASP - Variables & Security

: I'm not aware of any security problem myself however it is good
programming
: practice to always assign your variables an initial value when you declare
: them.
:
: <%
:
: Language=VBScript
:      Option Explicit
:
:      Dim strVarOne
:      Dim strVarTwo
:
: strVarOne = ""
:      strVarOne = "this variable has something assigned to it"
: %>
:
:
: