[thelist] Apache redirect??

Mike Migurski mike-evolt at teczno.com
Tue Aug 5 20:09:37 CDT 2003

>I think this is possible with apache redirect, but I am not sure.  I have
>2 websites.  Website B is aliased to website A. Meaning if you tried to
>go to websiteb.com, then you would end up at websitea.com.  Is it
>possible to still do this for everything EXCEPT for 1 file?
>ie....websiteb.com/mypage.htm and actually have mypage.htm stored
>somewhere else?

Off-the-cuff idea: you can try redirecting mypage.htm to itself, and mark
that rule [L], then follow it with the catchall redirection rule.

	'last|L' (last rule)
	Stop the rewriting process here and don't apply any more rewriting
	rules. This corresponds to the Perl last command or the break
	command from the C language. Use this flag to prevent the
	currently rewritten URL from being rewritten further by following
	rules. For example, use it to rewrite the root-path URL ('/') to a
	real one, e.g., '/e/www/'.

...from http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule

Something like:

	RewriteBase	/