[thelist] [Security] Any security risks with Low privacy setting in IE?

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Tue Aug 5 20:42:26 CDT 2003

Chris Johnston wrote:

> I posted a similiar question last week, but did not get any responses.
> I am assuming that it must have gotten missed.
>
> I am looking for links to well written articles regarding any security
> risks imposed by lowering ones Privacy settings in Internet Explorer
> from the default of Medium to Low.

I have to presume that you know something about what the Privacy
settings in IE really mean.  Read the descriptions provided next to the
inconvenient little slider there.

I was able to extract the following keywords from IE's privacy tab:
third party cookie personally identifiable information

punching these into google I get the following:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/sec_cook.asp

that might just answer your question. And just because it might help you
in the future: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Steve