[thelist] Hosting recommendations?

Kath H thekat at cyber-kat.com
Wed Aug 6 09:30:04 CDT 2003

> Dougal Campbell wrote:
> > I know some people with a small/medium sized business that are finally
> > looking into getting a web site. Their main need will be for some sort
> > of secure product ordering system, so basically a shopping cart and an
> > SSL cert. I think most of their customers have credit arrangements with
> > them already, so I don't think they'll even need to handle payments
> > online.
> >
> > I've looked at Interland, and they have accounts with the features I'd
> > like, but I'd like to look at some other options, too.

I did a lot of research before I chose my present host ProNic Solutions.
 They offer a lot of features for a reasonable price - including shared
SSL on all packages and full SSL support for a $50 set up charge (except
on high end packages where it is included.

My only reservation was that they don't have an 800 number for tech
support, but because their online support documentation and e-mail help
has been so great, I haven't needed to call them.

I'm so satisfied that I recently joined their affiliate program.  You
can get to their web site through my link -
http://www.cyber-kat.com/home/index.html

Or check them out directly - http://pronicsolutions.com/

-- Kath ...
work --> www.winebow.com