[thelist] Finding Domain's Background History

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Thu Aug 7 14:52:15 CDT 2003

[Gina Anderson wrote (gina at sitediva.com) on 8/7/03 1:39 PM]

> I'm looking at an expired domain, and besides googling it, what else can I
> do to check the background history of the domain name? Can I find out if
> it's on a spam list, and where, etc...?

try http://openrbl.org/ and search for your domain. it will give you some
links to other databases that you can use to search. also netcraft.com's
what is this site running widget may give you some background.

and of course a straight google search.

Let me know if I can help with anything else. :)

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738