[thelist] Sigh. More ASP. This time, trouble reading a file

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Aug 7 21:25:37 CDT 2003

At 07:00 PM 8/7/2003, Lightening wrote:

>set rsActivity=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
>  sql="SELECT activityId,  event, eventType,  " & _
>  " MemberFee, NonMemberFee, Description, " & _
>  " from activityTable "
>
>sql=sql & " where ActivityId= " & aActivityId & ";"

Your SQL is malformed. Try dropping the "," after Description. I'm
surprised it didn't throw an error.

e.g.
     SELECT
         activityId
         , event
         , eventType
         , MemberFee
         , NonMemberFee
         , Description
     from activityTable
     where ActivityId= blah;

One habit you should get into is having a response.write available to out
put the SQL so you can see if you have well formed SQL or not. Just comment
it out when you don't need it.

--
Anthony Baratta
President