[thelist] Sigh. More ASP. This time, trouble reading a file

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Aug 7 21:19:42 CDT 2003

www.adopenstatic.com/faq/recordcounterror.asp
www.adopenstatic.com/faq/recordcountalternatives.asp

What you really should be doing, instead of checking .RecordCount() is:

<%
If rsActivity.EOF then

    Response.Write( _
        "<h2><font align=center  color=""#55eeee"">" & _
        "Sorry no items were found</font></h2>")

Else

    ' There are records

End If
%>