[thelist] Project and client management tools

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Mon Aug 11 07:33:09 CDT 2003

Burhan Khalid wrote:
> Monday, August 11, 2003, 8:29:00 AM, Mike wrote:
>
> MF> I was wondering if anyone had any experience with project and/or client
> MF> management tools. I've looked at a couple open source (I'm not looking
> MF> to shell out here) projects such as PHPCollab and Achievo but they're
> MF> not exactly what I'm looking for. What I do want is a simple interface
> MF> that allows me to add new clients, add projects to the clients, and add
> MF> users (namely me) to work on those projects. I also want the ability to
> MF> track the time I spend working in different areas. Besides that, I'm
> MF> pretty much flexible. I'll be using the software in my web
> MF> development/design business, so if anyone has any specific advice,
> MF> that'd be a big help.
>
> Add my name to the list. I've been looking for something like this for a
> while.

We use PHPcollab and it does everything it says on the label (it is
still a WIP and so should mature into something far more usefull).

-add clients
-assign client projects
-add 'users'/resources to the projects
-define tasks/sub tasks/phases (with time estimate and deadline)
-update task/sub task/phase status with actual time to date + completion
percentage.

...what it is not currently very good at is:

-tracking each instance of time spent on a task/sub task/phase

these guys seem a quite popular solution :

http://www.journyx.com/

I believe that a certain number of user licenses are free. < 20?

--
Christopher Joseph

-------------------
[Internet]