[thelist] The New Worm - need some help to clean it

patrick pms at stoutstreet.com
Mon Aug 11 20:23:52 CDT 2003

from slashdot: (assumes XP as OS)
Step 1. Shut down PC
Step 2. Unplug Cable Modem.
Step 3. Start up PC
Step 4. Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Step 5. Double Click Network Connections
Step 6. Right Click the Local Area Connection used to access Internet.
Example: Local Area Connection 1
Step 7. Select Properties
Step 8. Click the Advanced Tab
Step 9. Enable the Windows XP Firewall
Step 10. Click OK, Close out of open windows.
Step 11. Plug in the Cable Modem.
Step 12. Ensure Block Sync is established.
Step 13. Open Internet Explorer
Step 14. Go to the following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.asp

then go from there