[thelist] is this a virus?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Aug 11 22:32:37 CDT 2003

Get yourself patched...

Appears that you are vulnerable to MS03-026:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

There are some worms, and exploits going around, at least one of which will
cause your machine to reboot (others will infect your machine with a trojan,
or IRC-bot, and will reboot to complete the setup of the exploit).

You can run netstat -a (at a command prompt) to see where your machines are
connected out to (to see if you have anything running that shouldn't be).

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 8:09 AM
Subject: RE: [thelist] is this a virus?

:
: --- Jeff Howden <jeff at jeffhowden.com> wrote:
: > go do a virus scan and see what that brings up.
:
: Thanks all for the suggestions - more info and on 1 of the 2 machines
: doing it in the same house:
:
: Error:
:
: Remote Procedure Call terminated unexpectedly.
:
: Initiated by NT / Authority system.
:
: Anyone? I scanned most of my disk with Norton before the PC
: failed..no viruses so far, ran ad-aware - seems no problems there...
:
: its cool in here today so It can't be that...
:
: Tom
:
: =====
: http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
: http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every
Friday!
: http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader
: [Making A Commercial Case for Adopting Web Standards]
:
: "That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward
: --
: * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
:
: For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
: and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
: Workers of the Web, evolt !