[thelist] grc.com?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Aug 12 23:15:45 CDT 2003

At 01:26 PM 2003-08-13 +1000, you wrote:
>I'm not going to say that Steve knows nothing. That's certainly not true.
>However he has no standing whatsoever in the real security community.

Certain personality tend to attract attention: Dave Winer, Steve Gibson and
so on. Love'em or hate'em they're here. I've believe that when we start
discussing people instead of anything web related, that tips are owed. Not
only that, my mother would chide me to "be nice".

<tip type="Eudora Mail Agent" author="Frank Marion">

Did you know that you can use regular expressions in Eudora's filters?

Go to Tools -> Filters -> "header [field] contains [select menu] attribute
[field]"

Choose the select menu and look at the bottom for "Matches regexp" or
"Matches regexp (case insensitive)"

</tip>

<tip type="Eudora Mail Agent" author="Frank Marion">

You know that you can use regular expressions in Eudora's filters? But did
you know that they use "irregular"* ways of doing things?  Don Fong took
the long time to create a document that explains the various differences.

http://www.dfong.com/eudora/regexp.html

* I did _not_ use the word "sucks".

</tip>

<tip type="Eudora Mail Agent" author="Frank Marion">

You know that you can use regular expressions in Eudora's filters. You know
that you can find their "unique" style explained here.

http://www.dfong.com/eudora/regexp.html

So why won't it work?

Ooops. The filter works on the source code of the message, not what you see
displayed. If you right-click on a message (windows) or
control-click  (Mac) in a message BODY you will see "view source".

This only applies to RECIEVED message.

</tip>

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.