[thelist] Declaring <h1> display:inline creates invalid XHTM L (Strict) - an y ideas?

carl.myhill at ps.ge.com carl.myhill at ps.ge.com
Thu Aug 14 12:15:17 CDT 2003

Hi Hassan,

OK, yeah perhaps it was word by word (poor memory).  As I had the thing set
up previously the whole title <h1> wrapped under the logo as one big block
leaving a huge white space at the top, especially when the browser font was
at 36pt (I guess that was how I had the DIV working).

You are right that the span wasn't needed in this case and it works fine
without.

A harder problem is understanding how to get my lovely breadcrumb navigation
floated left; (in a span) and search area floated: right (in a span) to work
as nicely as it used to now that I've progressed into using Chris Schmitts
elegant horizontal <UL> for my breadcrumbs. Again, I have mistakenly put
this fundamental block element inside a span.  Not so easy to fix this and I
cant see an examples of how someone has used the horizontal list approach
for breadcrumbs and has something else right justified (like search). Am not
keen on fixing pixel widths.

I guess I'm just learning - I will continue to mess around and evolve into a
less ignorant being!

Cheers.

Carl

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/