[thelist] What's the outlook

Wil Cone wil at inaridesign.com
Thu Aug 14 16:08:49 CDT 2003

Good web|visual|interaction designers will always be in demand.

The web is still very young! The web is evolving faster than most (any?)
applications can keep up...they generally have a pretty short
life-cycle. Then they have to be redesigned...

Web apps are on the rise - a large part of my work involves taking the
UI designs created by a visual designer (and interaction designer) and
coding (html, dhtml, css, javascript) for the front-end of web apps.
More and more of the functionality can be done on the client-side
nowdays too (e.g., client-side table column sorting, DOM node
manipulation, etc.).

Also, while a given company may decide that they don't need a web
designer on staff, that doesn't necessarily imply that the demand for
web design is fading...

my two cents,

- Wil