[thelist] My first Flash

Ryan Tames rytames at telusplanet.net
Fri Aug 15 06:28:01 CDT 2003

On 15 Aug 2003 at 5:32, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

> Text movement works fine, but text (converted to an object) fading
> doesn't. What's wrong with what I've done or am trying to do?

I can't exactly open the file, as I have Flash 5, and the I bet the file
is Flash 6/MX.

But I can explain it, hopefully fairly well, but its in Flash 5:

1) create your text ( there will be a new instance on the time line).
2) create a guide layer, and a guide ( have snap to objects on ).
3) copy the first key frame and paste it where you want it.
4) bring up the effects panel, choose 'alpha' and reduce the
transpency of the very last key frame.
5) create motion tween.

I've put a quicky download file here:
http://tames.2y.net/downloads/tweenfadetest.fla

for you to look at. and a published version here:
http://tames.2y.net/downloads/tweenfadetest.html

Ryan.