[thelist] SWF w/o Flash

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Aug 15 17:35:24 CDT 2003

At 6:16 AM 8/15/3, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
>I want to create SWF for my website, but I don't own Flash. Are there
>books out there that tell how to code from scratch? Other (free) tools
>that will allow me to do the same thing? Linux possibly, but not required?

Creating binary files by hand will likely cost more in labor than investing
capital in a tool. Your call, though.

I suspect there are some free creation tools out there, possibly on Linux,
but don't have all the combos wired. I did a Google search on "swf
authoring linux" yesterday afternoon and turned up some hits for another
list, so this might be fruitful here too.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd