[thelist] What is wrong with this site?

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Aug 18 17:41:20 CDT 2003

> The reason, as I touched on before, is simple: a
> web browser is a development tool.

How 'bout, "a web browser CAN BE a development tool?"

One could argue that a web browser can also be used as a utility for
browsing the web.

> Silently fixing mistakes is NOT an aid to developers.

Could be considered an aid to users, though, couldn't it? Or perhaps
not.

> Can you imagine the state the world's
> software would be in if some C compilers "guessed" what you meant and
> re-added missing braces and semi-colons for you?

Can you imagine the state the web would be in if most of the browsing
public used a programmer's tool to browse the web? Wait...I think you're
suggesting that they do. Fair point, though. It does cause one to
question: Should we be using the same tool for developing our products
that our users/customers do for actually enjoying the product?

No big yank here - just find it an interesting subject. Yes, we DO use
our testing tools as the final product. Weird, eh?

BH