[thelist] PHP book for the wealth-challenged

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Aug 19 16:27:00 CDT 2003

Message from Joel Konkle-Parker (8/19/2003 02:25 PM)
>I'm a hobbyist web developer and poor college student trying to develop a
>database-driven website with MySQL and PHP.

Hi Joel,

I know you asked for a book, but it's quite hard to beat the web as a
wealth-challenged man's resource. With a background in ASP I've managed to
make considerable headway into PHP/MySQL simply by using various online
resources.

I start at the source - http://www.php.net/manual/ (there's a downloadable
version too, I think)

When I need more detail I just use google to search for the specific
function I'm using.

I've also had good results using this programmer's reference -
http://merd.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages/ for those "I
know how to do this in ASP, how do I do it in PHP"  situations.

regards.
-marc

--
Carnival 2003 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/