[thelist] Mac IE float: left problem

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Tue Aug 19 16:34:40 CDT 2003

I had a problem with floats not working through my own stupidity (I used the
class name "float"), and have discovered from a client that IE 5 Mac doesn't
float the layers but places them in a list, the width of the container.

>From http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#floats I see that "A floated box
must have an explicit width", which is a shame as I wanted to use the code
in a dynamic manner. In any case, I have posted my tests/results here:

http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float.php

http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float_min_width.php

http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float_width.php

All work in windows IE 5.5 and Opera 7.01, so could some kind soul please
have a look and let me know if any of the display works in IE Mac 5? (Any
others too.)

Kind regards,
Liam