[thelist] Setting up PHP & mySQL

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Aug 19 22:48:47 CDT 2003

Wednesday, August 20, 2003, 3:37:03 AM, Og wrote:

O> Hello all.  I've finally decided to take the plunge into PHP after all these years of ASP.  The problem is I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information concerning the installation, which PHP to
O> install and how to get it working on my site.  If anyone has some simple pointers or a site with some solid instructions I would really appreciate it.  I learn through messing around with a task,
O> but the installation alone is getting me frustrated.  I realize I could work it out myself, but that's what this list is for.. a little help.  I'm running XP with IIS.. so any pointers would be
O> greatfully met.  Thanks.

Paul :

I wrote a tutorial that shows you how to setup PHP and Apache on
Windows. There is also one that shows you how to setup MySQL on
Windows. I even have an example script that integrates all three
together.

Although I don't have PHP + IIS specifics, you are welcome to email me
offlist about any questions that you might have. Offlist email is
webmaster[at]meidomus[dot]com.

The links to the install tutorials are on the index page of my site
(in the sig). The rest of the stuff you can find by either searching,
or clicking on the PHP link under the sections menu on the left.

Comments always welcome, and if you post one to an article, I'll know
thanks to MT's email feature :)

--
Regards,
Burhan Khalid