[thelist] [ASP] templating system woe's

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Wed Aug 20 17:12:30 CDT 2003

Help!!
  I've painted myself into a corner.  I have been working on a templating system
for classic ASP, and just discovered I made a serious oversight.  The system
works fine with plain HTML. However, rather than processing the server code,
it merely prints that to screen as well.  Here's the meat of it:  There's a
function which extracts everything between the body tags and returns it as a
string... which I'm then response.writing in the appropriate place within the
template.
  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  I've been kicking myself over it all afternoon.  The only
thing that has occurred to me is to write the contents of the <body> to a temp
file and server.execute that into place in the template, but that seems very
inelegant and likely to add too much overhead to the processing (there's already
a ton of FSO and RegExp...)
  The code works, so I haven't included it, but if someone thinks it might help,
I'd be happy to provide it.

Many Thanks in Advance for any help,
Stephen Caudill
http://www.mechavox.com/