[thelist] need a help

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Aug 21 10:19:48 CDT 2003

At 07:09 AM 8/21/2003, Aloysius.M.S wrote:

>     In my application i am in need of remaining time left in current
>session( remaining time left in IIS session.timeout), is there any way to
>get this, if so kindly inform me how to get that
>thanks for time and consideration

Why?

On the server side, each time they hit a page the Session Timer resets and
you can't force a page to a browser that is not requested. On the client
side, they can't reconnect to the server without resetting the Session Timer.

Now on the client side you could use Javascript to estimate the time out.
It won't be perfect, but it should be close enough.

--
Anthony Baratta
President