[thelist] winmail.dat

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Thu Aug 21 12:27:46 CDT 2003

It's unfortunately an end-user setting - nothing you can do about it -
it's down to user education.

In Outlook they need to change Rich Text (which is what actually creates
Rich Text encoded files for other outlook users only) to HTML or plain
text - very simple.

They've probably made themselves a pretty sig, and can't work out how to
do it in html ;)

We've an outlook/exchange house, and I've threatened any users who use
rich text that I'll force all their e-mail outbound to be vanilla plain
text if they don't cease and desist!

Works especially well with marketing types!

HTH

Scott