[thelist] regular expressions in homesite or dreamweaver?

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Fri Aug 22 19:13:29 CDT 2003

> Thanks Gary,
>
> once I made sure I ticked Regular expressions on !! :-)
> this worked, but it replaced the URL with $1  !!
>
> I was using Homesite 4.5. (actually CF Studio 4.5)
> Will try with CF5 and various Dreamweaver versions at home,
>
> BTW also, what was the /s for after the first href?
> href="#"\sonClick I had to remove this to get it to work.

Seems Dreamweaver and Homesite handle this differently as I tested in
Dreamweaver MX before posting my reply and it worked as intended. the \s
represents the space between the href and onclick attributes. Some
suggestions have been posted for use in Homesite, perhaps they'll be of
use to you, otherwise give it a whirl in Dreamweaver and see how that
pans out for you.

All the best,

Gary