[thelist] Copying mySQL DB's

Og mindmachine at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 16:02:25 CDT 2003

As with the learning of all new technologies, you have people like me who are going to torture everyone else with stupid questions (at least they don't tke long to answe.  So here is a nice one.  I'm using PHP and mySQL.  I'm developing code on my test server (now that you guys helped me set it up), but I wondering if it's possible to copy a mySQL database to a webserver after you've made it on your test server.  The lack of a sinlge access type file is what is confusing me a little.  Is it as simple as copying over to the web server then pointing to it using the server admin?.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Paul J Maguire
CEO Ogmatter
www.ogmatter.com
info at ogmatter.com

"Ogmatter In mind"

Note : All outgoing emails have been scanned with Norton Anti-Virus