[thelist] php/mySQL update problem

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Sun Aug 24 16:59:16 CDT 2003

I always begin by writing the function to return the query as text on
the page. That makes it easier to find all the quote escapes, missing
commas and other problems that invariably come up when doing complex
concatenations.

'$var' won't get parsed, you have to do it like:
"WHERE field = '".$var."'

Try printing out the query and pasting it into phpMyAdmin to see if it
will run...

John Corry
PS - anyone know how to make thunderbird default messages to plain text?