[thelist] Question about proper tag

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Sun Aug 24 22:16:03 CDT 2003

At 22:04 08/24/03, you wrote:
>I have a question about the proper "semantic" tag if you want something to
>serve as both a heading and an anchor. Do you nest <h*> tags and <a> tags?

I'd link it like that sometimes, it makes the most sense that the heading
of the area you are linking to is also the start of the area the link takes
you to, yes? Sometimes, though, I want the visual effect of the header
being a bit of a way down from the top edge of the screen. Then I'll break
the "correct" way and place the anchor higher up on the page. I should
probably be defining a top margin or top padding or something instead.

-Jorah