[thelist] CF: Maddening CFPOP problem: UnknownError

Matt Williams matt at zelica.com
Mon Aug 25 04:27:19 CDT 2003

Hi Frank,

CF4.5 is notorious for problems with CFMail - I did a quick
google on "<cfmail linux 4.5" (without the quote marks) and
found this workaround:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20010521/033342.html

but have a look at the other results and on Macromedia as
well.

hth, matt :)

Frank wrote:
> I keep getting the following error when trying to access
pop
> accounts. They are admittedly rather largely stuffed. I
have
> re-written my scripts in such a way that it grabs chunks,
rather than
> the whole thing, ie, in groups of 5 emails.
>
> <cfpop action="GETALL"
>          name="get_mail"
>          server="mydomain.com"
>          port="110"
>          timeout="60"
>          username="correct-username"
>          password="correct-password">
>
>  > unknown exception condition
>  > unknown error while executing a tag.
>
> I know the account is good, I can download it using other
clients
> with the same info. I'm not trying to display any
information yet,
> just downloading it. This is the same whether I run the
script on the
> same server, or a foreign one (My testing server).
>
> Can anyone suggest what avenues I might investigate?
>
> Additional info
> cf 4.5 RH Linux.
> qMail is my POP SMTP server
>

> My frustration is reaching a pretty high peak.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the
signal high.