[thelist] Question about proper tag

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 22:10:32 CDT 2003

Thanks for the help. It seemed weird to me to nest the tags, but I
guess it is ok. The space around headings bothers me, though. I hate
having to rely upon css to style away the default look of an HTML
element. Since my site map is basically a list, I assume I have to also
use list markup for it to continue being semantically correct. Well, if
I do that: <ul><li><h1><a href="">text</a></h1></li> etc... the <h*>
tags have too much space above and below. I can, of course, set the
margins to 0 in the css, but I really hate having to force the natural
structure of an element to be dramatically different. Of course I style
things, but I try to stay away from the styles being crucial to the
usability. I guess there isn't any way around it, though.
Diane

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 04:27 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

>> An example would be if I made something like a site map. Main sections
>> would be headings, but would also link to the index page of the
>> section.
>> Below each section would be lists of links.
>
> that example is easy
>
>   <h2><a href="section/index.html">Section</a></h2>
>
> this is not a problem because the link is clearly a link, yet its
> place in
> the site map clearly indecates it's a heading
Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.