[thelist] Apache configuration on OSX

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:16:38 CDT 2003

Hello,

I'm setting up the Apache web server on my OS X computer as my internal web
server. However, I've seen that when I upload files to it it chmod's them as
740 while I need 644.

I assume I can change this default chmod in the proper configuration file.
Unfortunately I can't find it. The documentation talks about httpd.conf but
this file seems to be absent from my OS X computer, Apple's Find doesn't
find it.

How do I change the default chmod? I'm a clueless newbie when it comes to
web server management and my Unix is at the "Una cerveza por favor" level,
so please be kind and considerate.

Thanks,

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Browser Wars II: The Saga Continues
http://evolt.org/article/rdf/25/60181/