[thelist] Web site designs that die of old age

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 22:33:19 CDT 2003

> How often should a web site be updated? I've read once somewhere that a
> web site should be redesigned every two years or so. Any links to
> articles would be much appreciated. Thanks.

At one extreme, I read that the Levi website is completely re built from
scratch every year in order to keep it fresh and funky. I guess that
means, it depends on the market. Of course, that's also a technique to
make the annual redesign newsworthy, and worth the top agencies bidding
for. So it becomes a 'design' thing, built by the best agencies of the
day. There'll be a book .. 10 years of the Levi site, anon.